Salary Range: Competitive Salary based on Experience ($80K-$115K)
Schedule: 40 hours per week, will require overtime
Benefits: health, dental, voluntary vision, long term disability, group term life, 401k matching, unlimited PTO and paid holidays
Capay Farms was established in 2011 as the orchard management organization for Violich Farms (founded in 1987). Over the past three decades, Violich Farms has become one of the largest growers of almonds and walnuts in the United States. Today, Capay Farms operates approximately 12,000 acres of company-owned, and leased land. The main office of Capay Farms is located just North of Hamilton City outside of Chico, CA. Capay Farms manages orchards in Glenn, Butte, and Tehama counties.
Job Summary: The Controller is responsible for overseeing the financial and accounting functions of this private, family-owned, company and its multiple entities. The accounting manager will develop and contribute to finance organizational strategies by providing financial and accounting information, analysis, and recommendations to strategic thinking. This position will be utilizing Accumatica, Workforce Go! and Tableau.
Description of Job Duties:
- Oversees all finance and accounting functions, which includes managing the finance team, AP, AR, Payroll, and government filings (IRS, EDD, FTB)
- Prepares accurate monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements in accordance with company policies and with industry standards
- Responsible for managing and developing financial budgets and forecasting for the ranch locations, Company Hulling, Outside Clients, and the management company
- Ensures all payroll activities are compliant in accordance with California and Federal wage standards
- Develops and establishes finance operational strategies by evaluating trends; establishing critical measurements; for productivity, and quality metrics; designing systems and processes; allocating resources; resolving issues; and implementing change.
- Reviews the allocation of farm management fees, equipment fees, labor burden on a routine basis to ensure all customers are billed appropriately and timely
- Oversees all crop accounting including crop yields, orchard budgets and cashflow projects, customer billings, harvest tracking, and cultural costs
- Supports owners with annual tax return preparation and communication with accountant
- Works with IT for managing accounting/financial software systems and assisting other management in evaluating processes and systems that will work together to reduce redundancy and increase accuracy of the data collected
- Responsible for tax strategy, audit, and asset allocations as it relates to the company and clients
- Develop administrative staff (excluding HR) by managing performance, setting goals, providing ongoing training, and maintaining strong employee relationships.
- Responsible for business and land valuation when necessary
- Part of acquisition task force on potential development costs
- Handler involvement
- Monitor handler annual crop grading and returns
- Monitor and track handler payment cash flow
- Monitor lease percent crop share payments to landowners
- Work with CEO/ownership to determine annual crop distribution to handlers
- Oversee staff that monitor energy utilization (solar, gas, electric) at Grower ranches
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting
- 5+ years of progressive accounting experience with a portion of it being in a supervisory role
- Thorough knowledge of US GAAP
- Excellent verbal and written communication abilities across all levels of an organization
- Must be able to strategize; high level thinking to see the big picture
- Strong leadership skills with a dedication to driving and achieving results
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills. Experience with other financial systems
- Farming Experience preferred
Position Title: Financial Analyst
Salary Range: 70k-85K
Benefits: Health, Dental, Vol. Vision, LTD, GTL, 401k Matching, Unlimited PTO & Paid Holidays
Job Summary: You will succeed in this Financial Analyst with a burgeoning, innovative company if you can take charge of daily operations, such as preparing and/or reviewing appropriate ledger entries and reconciliations, maintaining the general ledger system, preparing monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements, assisting with regulatory reporting as applicable, and related duties. This position will be an essential part of the finance and field teams to ensure all functions are done timely and accurately.
Description of Job Duties:
- Assist in evaluating historical and current financial data to understand the company’s financial condition.
- Support on-going maintenance of Acumatica (ERP System), including system and process design, data migration, testing, training, and go-forward system administration.
- Design and prepare a variety of technical accounting analyses, policies, and procedures.
- Assist in developing relevant, timely reports on financial data analytics like the monthly cash report, key financial metrics, and actual spend against budgets/outlook.
- Maintain the vendor list, identify ideal suppliers, assist management in bidding and purchasing processes, and maintain all required vendor documentation.
- Work with accounting team on the month end closing processes, reconcile inventory, and develop supporting schedules by gathering and analyzing information from the general ledger system and from departments.
- Compute and manage allocations for water, chemicals, supplies and trees, on a monthly basis.
- Maintain all PG&E and Watershed information on the company’s master list including, but not limited to, reconciliation of payments, setting up new services, coordinating with field to understand requirements, and working with ownership on rebates or reports.
- Organizes office operations, policies, and procedures; designs filing systems; and manages all office purchases and ensures all items are purchased within the purchasing policy.
- Support CEO, COO, Controller, and Field Management staff as needed as it relates to financial analysis.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting.
- 2-5 years of work experience in a fast-paced environment while wearing multiple hats.
- Must have exceptional attention to detail.
- Strong organizational and time management skills, and ability to prioritize.
- Critical thinking, problem solving, ability to work independently.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong problem-solving skills and analytical abilities.
- Possess a thorough knowledge of enterprise resource planning (ERP) systems.
- Must be proficient in Excel and have experience with advanced formulas, vlookup, pivot tables, large datasets, charts, etc.
- Onsite – Monday -Friday / 40 hours week (may require overtime)
Lange Twins Family Winery and Vineyards
Everything that we do – we do for the love of farm and family, its ability to root and connect people, to have a lasting impact on communities. We have grown winegrapes for generations and began our winery a decade ago to protect the future of the family farm. Our wines are estate grown, sustainably certified and are expressive of our vineyard’s unique attributes. We have family control from vine to wine which ensures quality and consistency vintage to vintage.
- We believe in the farm – it’s ability to root communities, to connect people, and to foster a sense of place and gratitude.
- We believe that to have a lasting impact, our vision must span generations.
- We believe in responsible stewardship of the land through embracing and furthering sustainable farming practices and synergies with the natural world.
- We believe in a growth‐mindset, the necessity of resilience, the importance of integrity and the rewards of tenacity.
Promotes the health and safety of our employees, and reduces all risk associated with work related injuries and illnesses. The Safety Coordinator will partner with HR & Management to implement, maintain, develop, and enforce LangeTwins Safety, Health, Hazard, and Environmental programs.
Duties and responsibilities
- Ensure the implementation, development, and update of required safety and health programs by conducting periodic reviews and revisions as required and mandated by state and federal laws:
- IIPP & HIPP
- Hazard Program (Assessment & Communication)
- Respiratory Protection Plan
- Lockout/Tag out (LOTO)
- Emergency Action & Evacuation Plans
- Chemical Hygiene Plan (including Lab Safety)
- Confined Space Entry Program
- PPE Program
- Heat Illness Prevention Program
- Any additional programs required by state, federal and local law.
- Coordinate and conduct inspections, assessments, surveys, audits and program evaluation to identify and prevent potential hazards.
- Ensure compliance with all safety and environmental rules, regulations, policies and procedures; recommend changes to reduce or minimize risk.
- Create, update, and distribute Company Safety policies, SOPs, JHAs.
- Perform incident/accident investigations, ensure necessary corrective actions are taken, provide recommended prevention measures including retraining. Document all findings and file report.
- Responsible for compliance and managing the workers’ compensation program.
- Manage Return-to-Work Program.
- Maintain safety records and documentation including training, inspections, injury, and investigative reports.
- In partnership with HR and Management, plan, develop, schedule, and facilitate companywide safety communication and training initiatives; and lead companywide safety events.
- Maintain and update accident/incident logs, OSHA logs, provide metrics on safety programs including injury and illness rates to identify trends, improvements and accomplishments.
- Responsible for promoting a culture of safety awareness and responsibility among all employees and management team.
- Purchase and maintain a stock of employee Personal Protective Equipment.
- File OSHA reports and other safety compliance reporting as required by state and local law. Act as first point of contact for communications with State and Federal OSHA and other safety regulatory organizations.
- Responsible for Company’s compliance Safety Regulations & Standards (i.e., COVID-19).
- Observe the highest degree of confidentiality in all aspects of employee and company business.
- Professional development, including safety classes, certifications, and continuing education, (i.e., Certified Safety Professional (CSP) credential).
- Contact Tracing & Notifications/Communications
- COVID-19 Testing
- Manage DOT Program
- County Environmental Reporting
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Industrial Hygiene, Occupational Safety, a related field, and 2 years’ Safety Coordinator experience required; or 5+ years of experience and Certified Safety Professional required.
- Experience developing, coordinating, and conducting trainings, safety inspections and investigations.
- Agriculture experience required.
- Winery or Manufacturing experience required.
Required Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Must have a valid CA driver’s license and clean DMV record
- Bilingual (English & Spanish) a must
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Knowledge of OSHA standards including compliance, laws, regulations, record keeping, loss control techniques, training, and establishing policies
- Strong communication skills (written and oral)
- Organizational and project management skills
- Must be detail oriented
- Ability to work independently as well as in collaboration with others in a positive and professional manner
- Knowledge of liability insurance, workers’ compensation claims/laws, and ADA
- Knowledge and experience with OSHA, EPA, DOT, NIOSH, ANSI, NFPA, industrial hygiene, inspection procedures and root cause analysis
- Ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced, dynamic, environment, while maintaining a high level of detail
- Ability to travel to multiple sites, including vineyards
- Flexibility and availability are required to work varied schedules, occasionally work extended hours as needed; ability to respond to company emergencies 24/7
The employee may be exposed to outside weather conditions, dust, walking on uneven ground, cold, extreme heat, and wet or humid conditions (based on seasonal activities).
Frequent standing, driving, walking, sitting, use of hands, use of computer, use of phone and other communication methods, reach with hands/arms, and bend at mid waist. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. This job requires constant close vision, color vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The above statements describe the general nature and normal duties of the position being performed. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $76,000.00 – $85,500.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Bilingual English/Spanish (Required)
Please send resume to email@example.com or contact Laura Gamez at (209) 263-3350.