Modern agriculture is thriving because of the critical services provided by Farm Labor Contractors (FLCs). Farm Labor Contractors face a number of business challenges, from managing grower contracts to ensuring employee safety. It is essential that FLCs have the knowledge and resources to address the many aspects of running a successful business. Fortunately, AgSafe is here to help.
AgSafe is a non-profit organization that works to give FLCs the tools needed to be in compliance with federal, state and local regulations, as well as keep employees safe and healthy while continuing to run profitable, successful businesses. AgSafe offers an annual Farm Labor Contractor membership that is focused on helping FLCs tackle many of their business challenges, including:
- Free attendance at the Farm Labor Contractor Continuing Education Program for one (1) FLC license-holder in the business (California DLSE-approved course for 9-hours of required continuing education);
- Discounted prices for additional AgSafe training, including the AgSafe Annual Conference, the Agricultural Safety Certificate Program and much more;
- Access to AgSafe Resource Center, which includes sample forms, posters, templates, and training tools available in English and Spanish;
- Monthly updates on timely safety, health and human resources issues.
- Quarterly AgSafe-ty e-Newsletter.
AgSafe classes are offered regularly throughout the state and include the FLC Continuing Education Program which is offered every month of the year.
Cost: $500 Annually